I am not one to go out of my confort zone with my makeup, not even for events. I like natural makeup best for any occasion. I am big on letting your best features shine, and just using beauty products to enhance what you have. Having said that, I do look for my makeup to stay matte for the duration of the event (I do use highlighter, but in very small quantities).
Here are my makeup steps:
- Before applying any makeup, I mist my face with Urban Decay DE-SLICK makeup setting spray. This is an oil-control setting spray which does wonders in keeping my face matte. I wait for about a minute before applying foundation to let my face absorb the setting spray.
- Instead of using foundation, I like to apply a BB cream. It doesn’t feel heavy on my skin, and has the benefits of a skin product, while giving me coverage. I use the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme in Fair 002. This has been my favorite since it came out. I have tried other BB cremes and foundations, but ultimately I always come back to this one.
- If I have any spots that the BB creme couldn’t cover I apply concealer. For events I like to have flawless skin, so I take my time with this step, making sure to blend out the concealer perfectly. I use Almay Clear Complexion concealer corrector in light/medium 200 and blend it out with It Cosmetics #7 brush.
- Next I cover my under eye bags with Neutogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector in the color fair 05. I also blend this with the It Cosmetics brush for a smooth application.
- When I go to events I love to contour. I like to play up my features, and slim down my cheeks. Even if I don’t go all out with the countering I feel it gives my face a nice shape. I use the Anastasia Contour Cream Kit in light on my cheekbones, jawline, nose and forehead with a very light hand. I also blend this out with my It Cosmetics brush, you can guess by now that it is my favourite one, hehe.
- I like to apply a little bronzer to my face to make me look a little tanned, I am so light skinned it hurts… JUST KIDDING. But I do like to add color to my face and neck to seem as if im not as fair. I use the Pixi by Petra Natural Contour Powder (even though it is a contour powder, it has the perfect bronzing shade for me) I apply this with my Mac 187 brush. I also add a little blush. I like to use the Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in Dazzled. It has the perfect rosy/natural cheek color.
- And last but not least, I like to apply highlighter to my cheekbones and a little on my upper lip to make my lips appear larger. I use the lightest highlighter shade on my Carli Bybel BH Cosmetics palette.
- And on to eyes… Usually I just apply a light shade from my Carli Bybel palette and just blend it out following the shape of my eyes. Or ill apply a coppery color if the event is really formal. I usually apply my eyeshadow with the Real Techniques 200 brush, or the Sephora rounded crease 13 brush.
- After that, I tightline my upper water line with Revlon Photo Ready Kajal Eye Pencil in 301 Matte Coal. And apply Benefit EyeBright to my waterline. I feel this combo opens up my eyes and makes them look brighter. I specially love thightlining because it makes my lashes look fuller.
- Then I apply my Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner in blackest black. I find the tip of this liquid liner is perfect for people like me who suck at applying liner. This is the part of doing my makeup I hate the most.
- Last, I apply mascara. I love to make my lashes look as full as possible so I apply two coats to my upper lashes. I use Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara.
- I love to do my brows with powder products. Right now I am using Mac eyeshadow in espresso and the Anastasia brush in 7. I just fill out my brows and give them a little shape, nothing crazy.
- To finish all off, I mist my face with more of the De-Slick setting spray to secure my makeup, and to make sure it will stay matte all night long, or all day long, depending on the time of the events.
- Before I leave my house, I apply lipstick. Lately, I’ve been all about matte liquid lipsticks, specially Smashbox Always on Liquid Lipstick in Stepping Out.